Temporary Certificate Application

A Temporary Certificate is required to legally work in the Northwest Territories and/or Nunavut for:

  • nursing graduates (RN & NP) who are waiting to write the entry to practice examination at the next available write-date in the territory where they reside;
  • nursing graduates (RN & NP) who have written the entry to practice examination in the territory where they reside and are awaiting examination results;
  • nursing graduates who have been unsuccessful in passing the entry to practice examination;
  • nurses who are completing a Nursing Refresher Program;
  • nurses who are completing undertakings as part of the Professional Conduct Review process.
  • Complete and submit a Temporary Certificate Application
  • Complete and submit a payment form (Processing fee – $65.63)
  • Evidence of application to write the entry-to-practice examination and are waiting to the results of the written examination

R03 – Temporary Certificate

  • Valid government issued photo ID
  • Legal name change: Where there has been a name change, one of the following is required:
    • a marriage  certificate, or
    • divorce decree, or
    • notarized statutory declaration of legal name change
Scroll to Top